Patient’s rights and responsibilities
- You are expected to follow protocols and procedures in place at the practice.
- You are responsible for being considerate to other patients and staff and any other personnel and property.
- You are responsible for ordering prescriptions in time and administrating medication.
- To confirm that you understand the treatment being provided and course of action.
- You are responsible for informing us about all treatments and interventions that you are involved in.
- You are responsible for informing the practice if you are leaving the country for any period of time, this will allow us not to send you any appointments for any medical check outstanding until you inform us of your return.
If you are under hospital care for any reason, and you have pending appointments, it is your responsibility to inform the hospital of any changes such as address, telephone numbers, cancelling and booking appointments. You must also notify surgery of any changes.
If your refusal of treatment/advice prevents us from providing care according to our ethical and professional standards, we may need to end our relationship with you after giving you reasonable notice.
It is the patient responsibility to bring an English-speaking adult with you if you have difficulty with the English Language.
Patient Relations are dealt with by the Patient Experience Team – a service to support you, your carer/s and relative/s.
Patient Relations are there to help:
- Resolve concerns as quickly as possible
- Act as a visible contact point
- Provide a be friendly approach
- Provide information to patients, relatives and carers
- Help the Practice or NHS England learn lessons from our experience
Patient Experience Team CAN BE CONTACTED BY:
Telephone: 0121 411 0417
Certain services to our patients are not covered by the NHS.
These include some medical certificates; various insurance forms, the signing of passport application and certain medical examinations. The Doctor is happy to perform most services of this sort. However, there is a fee payable in line with current British Medical Association guidelines. Please ask our reception staff for details of these arrangements.
In the event of a complaint regarding the service offered to you by the practice or any situation that arises that you are unhappy with, please collect complaint form from reception or contact the Practice Manager or Assistant Practice Manager in writing, who will investigate matters. The Manager will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 2 working days of receipt and will respond fully to your complaint within 10 working days. If the Practice needs more than 10 days to fully investigate, you will be notified in writing. The patient can also contact NHS England Complaints via the Patient experience team on 0300 311 2233. There is a suggestion box provided in reception if any patient wants to comment or make suggestions regarding service provided.
Personal health information
Information sharing will only be used for health care purposes. These include all activities that directly contribute to the diagnosis, care and treatment of an individual, and to audit the quality of the healthcare provisional service.
Surgery policy for breakdown in GP/patient relationships
Appropriate actions will be taken against the patient failing to take advice or misuse of services.
The NHS operates a zero tolerance policy with regards to violence and abuse and the practice has the right to remove violent patients from the list with immediate effect in order to safeguard practice staff, other patients and other persons. In some cases, the police will be called.
We ask that you treat the Practice Staff with courtesy and respect – we are here to help you.
Violence in this context includes actual or threatened physical or verbal abuse which leads to fear for a patient’s / member of staff safety.
NHS England requires that the net earnings of doctors engaged in the practice is publicised.
The average pay for GPs working in Ambar Medical Centre and Lower Farm Health Centre in the last financial year was £59200.00 each before tax and National Insurance. This is for 1 full time and 1 Locum GP.
This information can be obtained in the form of Paper copy upon request.